10 Things I am Grateful For…
VowTo is a movement…a ritual, if you will, for making YOU first. I first learned of them through Jenny Lee Molina at JLPR. It is a 12 week program that focuses on your enriching your life. Today they asked via Twitter…”Write down 10 things you’re grateful for each day”. Here’s my list.
- My kids…all 4 of them. They saved me from myself at different stages of my life. Bubba stopped me in my tracks. He forced me in a different direction. I would have been in a very different place if it wasn’t for him. Chloe because she gives me the gift of seeing myself grow up. She is a warrior and a survivor. She teaches me more about myself everyday. Tutu (Vicente) makes me responsible. He is sensible and wise beyond his years. He teaches me to enjoy my life and not to cheap myself out. Crash…he teaches me to not give a crap about what other people think. That we come from God, that our time is limited, and you better live the hell out of the time you have chasing your dreams.
- My husband, Vince. He has calmed me down. He makes me appreciate who I have in front of me. He makes me vulnerable and strong all at the same time. He is creative and intelligent and an old soul. He is younger than me by 8 years but I take from him more than he takes from me.
- My family, some more than others. All of the trials and tribulations I have been through with them make me the rock that I am today.
- Our clients, for without them, we would not be able to live the life that we live today.
- My natural gifts of being a fixer. I feel like Olivia Pope from Scandal only with small businesses. I may not always be right, but dammit if my heart and intentions are in the right place.
- The people that come and go in my life. The temporaries. They each had taught me about what I want and don’t want in my life and about what I need and don’t need. They have taught me about knowing when to let go.
- Winter…I am SOOO thankful for winter. It is the best time of the year. It really heals my soul. It is immeasurable how I become a different person when Winter is around.
- Bubba’s Coconut Pie…it’s good for the soul. Period.
- My desire to be want to do and be more. God wouldn’t give me more than what I can handle.
- Time…it heals all. Just when you think that you can’t go on, that the world is about to cave in…with time you can look back and see that you made it. You survived.